Friday, March 15, 2013

Yes, I was serious

New blog address: sarahwynde.com

I suspect the design will be a work in progress for a while. Learning how to use WordPress is going to take some time.

Ironically, I wrote a lengthy post over there and when I went to post it, it disappeared. Turns out that it was a Google Chrome problem. Considering that it was all about how angry I am at Google, I thought the software was probably reading my mind. I've now switched to Firefox and I know it's silly, but I miss the curvy tabs. Firefox just isn't as pretty as Chrome. But pretty is as pretty does, and since Google hates me, I hate it, too.

Anyway, please, come join me over at my new site. I promise I'll be making it prettier as soon as I can -- plus, very exciting, once I learn how, I think I can set it up so that I can post stories and stuff directly on my site, which would be very cool, IMO. Not that I'm opposed to people paying me for stories, but I'm trying to cut back on my coffee consumption anyway. Also, it looks like I might be able to set it up so that my entire RSS feed can show up in a page on my site, so you could see all the random stuff I read. I'm not totally sure that will work yet, so don't consider that a promise, it's just an idea. But it would be kind of cool if it works -- like having a continually updating blogroll.

4 comments:

  1. When I am at home I will set it up so that your new blog is in my blogroll. At work I only have access to...google...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's astonishing how pervasive Google is. Trying to stop using Google means changing so, so much! Everything I use is tied to my Google account.

    I did realize that I'm not giving up youtube, either. It's not like I watch it all that often, but there are things there that I'd miss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished reading "A Gift of Thought" - I feel blessed to have found your work. I read the first book, "A Gift of Ghosts" almost non-stop. Your writing is truly wonderful, and Iove that I haven't found one typo or mis-used word. Blessings to you and thanks for such great stories. Carol Westover (aka Tehachap)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... "I love" ... and she makes a typo complimenting the author about the lack of typos. Arrrgh!

    ReplyDelete