Thursday, November 3, 2011

NaNoWriMo

I signed up for NaNoWriMo thinking that it would be really motivating and fun. An exciting challenge, so to speak. So far, my kitchen is really clean, I've done a lot of laundry, I actually filed some papers that had been sitting on my desk for months and months and threw away a bunch of others, and I've got homemade stew simmering in the crockpot. Oh, and I've taken three naps in the past two days. Rock on, NaNoWriMo.

I am thinking about the story I want to work on, but I've actually written less than 100 words of it. I spent a long while this morning (before my thinking turned into a nice nap) pondering identity theft and how a seventeen-year old girl would go about stealing someone's identity. I made a great story about it, lots of interesting details, then realized a) this is all just backstory, completely unimportant to the real action and b) I killed off another teenager. That would make my third dead teenager in two books (Rose, dead at 19, Dillon, dead at 15, and Elizabeth, dead at 18.) Admittedly, that's over 50 years so it's not impossible, but it's sort of a depressing theme.

Still, no complaints. I have a clean kitchen and that's a nice change. Maybe I'll go fold some laundry now!


Random picture, found while cleaning off the desk. And tweaked with Picnik. I'm searching for a better image-editing tool than Photoshop for my book cover creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment